An Italian client had recently planned to upgrade their Microsoft Dynamics NAV database to the latest version 2013 R2 IT from the 2009 R2 IT. As a part of this upgrade, client found Hi-Tech as the competent Microsoft Partner for upgrading the 100 Reports of NAV within a short time frame since client decided to Go-Live next month.
Main Areas of Development:
- Multiple NAV (2009 R2 IT and 2013 R2 IT) Environment to setup
- Transformation of Reports from 2009 R2 IT – Classic Layout to 2013 R2 IT – RDLC Layouts.
- Multiple language support in reports
- Transform all 100 Reports
- Technical Testing and Data Testing
- Deadline was just a month
The main challenge for the project is to upgrade all the reports in a recently launched NAV version 2013 R2 IT. There are many technical updates in this latest product. Generally it is very difficult to have the relevant skillset in market that can be aware to deal with new technical updates. Hi-Tech has this skillset.
Second challenge was to transform all the 100 reports in just 30 days of short duration and the project work was around 600 to 700 hours. Hi-Tech could be able to manage multiple resources team to work on this project and deliver the project within the defined time lines.
The project was broken down into below structure:
Planning: Project was planned an efficient way to achieve the time-line of the project and quality of work with multiple no. of resources working in the same development
Planning Optimizing: During the upgrade, Hi-Tech provided many suggestions towards corrections in client’s existing database in terms of design and other bugs created by client’s users and previous partner.
Project development and Testing: Hi-Tech followed Microsoft development Standards during the whole project of Upgrade. Project was also got documented in company standards for understandability for future developers. Hi-Tech also followed software testing standards to have the quality of work without any bugs. Development and delivery was planned into 3 phases.
Delivery: Hi-Tech was able to deliver all the 100 reports in 3 phases within defined time line with highest quality of work.
Support: Hi-Tech provided 20 days free support after delivering the project with fastest resolution of issues.
Technology used to execute the project:
- Operating System: Windows 7
- Products: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 IT and 2013 R2 IT
- Database Server: MS SQL Server 2012 R2
- Language used: CAL
- Development Tool: Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and NAV 2013 R2
- Reporting: RDLC
Following was the Technology used to Develop this Application:
- Operating System: Windows XP
- Web Server: IIS 7.5
- Scripting Language used: ASP.NET 2.0, C#
- Front End: HTML /CSS/ XML/ AJAX
- Back End: SQL SERVER 2005
- Development Tool: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Telerik, Jquery
“Thank you for the excellent work, I’m really happy about it, well done and well documented. Hope we can continue working well together. You’ve done an excellent work. Compliments to your team”