The client is a very large lighting products manufacturer based in UK. The company has 5 manufacturing locations in 3 countries, sales & distribution offices in more than 10 countries and uses 12 different localized Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009x versions globally. Their ERP infrastructure is managed by an in-house internal team which routinely coordinates with the off-shore team for all support and development issues.
Service Provider Profile
Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services is a leading Software service provider in India since 1992. Hi-Tech provides software solutions including enterprise solution, application development, mobile development, testing services, and design services. Hi-Tech believes in partnering with clients to provide complete end-to-end software solutions to its clients worldwide including US, Europe, Canada and Australia.
Business / Industry Challenge
- The client transacts with its large customers using electronic documents which its sends or receives from them in standard formats defined on TRADACOMS standard for EDI
- They needed a solution within its existing NAV 2009 R2 implementations which would allow exporting documents like Sales Quotes and Sales Invoices into an EDI file and deposit into a pre-designated folder location
- Further, the solution should also import incoming EDI purchase orders from the Customers into its NAV 2009 R2 Sales Orders
- The solution had to be flexible as it had to allow user defined document structures
- Further, the solution was required to have built-in extensive validations to handle any scenario within a given document format
- The offshore team at Hi-Tech conceptualized, designed, developed and tested the EDI solution completely and successfully delivered the integrated solution within 3.5 months from the date of the concept and design approval. The solution was completely designed in C/SIDE environment and tested on a 3rd part TRADACOMS EDI provider in UK which acted as a document exchange for the company and its customers.
- The off-shore team customized an automation control using .Net and integrated it with Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This control allowed two Navision database to communicate with each other using web services.
- The Inter-Company Transactions were customized on Purchase Order-Sales Order cycle and new status were added to notify either database on the document actions being carried out by users in Sweden and UK or Germany and UK.
- The company was able to provide better customer service to its large key customers by providing seamless integration to their ERP system. Order processing speed was increased considerably resulting in faster shipments and deliveries to the customer. This helped the company to reduce the time-to-market lead times and realize revenues faster.
- Integrating all its international sales offices in real-time allowed the company to collect and consolidate orders from across the world and plan its production and shipments accordingly. This reduced dead inventories and better raw material and capacity utilization reducing costs.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
- TRADACOMS EDI
- SOAP Web Services